A Natural Defense Against the Hidden Causes of Food Intolerance
Some people can tell when a particular food they ate disagreed with them and they will avoid it, while others have been eating foods that have been slowly eroding their health without noticing it because they have become used to the low grade inflammation in their GI tracts. Many common symptoms are really the result of the lectin interactions with our immune systems. An example of a common lectin that many have heard of is gluten or gliadin. Some of the post-meal reactions to lectins are:
• Headaches, brain fog, lack of concentration
• Skin problems such as itchiness, eczema, and acne
• Water retention, puffiness around the eyes, extremities
• Bloating – a very common symptom
• Easy weight gain and stubborn weight loss
• Chronic fatigue and post-meal fatigue
• Chronically clearing throat and excess mucous
• Respiratory symptoms like chronic, (non-illness) coughing
• Joint stiffness and pain (particularly in the morning)
• Urinary weakness or chronic inflammation or infection
• Abdominal pain and gas with meals, excessive belching (lectins can also lower the HCL levels impairing digestion)
• Gastric reflux and upset stomach
• Irritable bowel and spastic colon
• Sinus problems, itchy nose, congestion and post-nasal drip
• Insulin shifts affecting blood sugar balance
Lectins are specialized proteins commonly found in fruits, vegetables, and seafood, and especially in grains, beans and seeds. They are not degraded by stomach acid or proteolytic enzymes, making them virtually resistant to digestion. Certain lectins consumed in everyday foods can bind to cells in the gut and to blood cells, initiating an inflammatory response and contributing to such problems as digestive disorders, weight gain, post-meal fatigue and immune challenges. Lectin Lock™ is a unique blend designed to “lock up” problematic lectins and safely escort them out of the body. Take with every meal for better health now as part of a program of prevention for the future.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
** IMNatural Customer Service Representatives are not licensed health care providers and therefore cannot prescribe or recommend products by law.